Iftar For A Cause
Date(s) - 06/14/2018
7:30 pm - 10:15 pm
Iftar For A Cause
We invite you to fast with us on June 14th 2018 and join us for Iftar. “Iftar” is the meal served at the end of a day of fasting during Ramadan to break the day’s fast. It is served at sunset during each day of Ramadan.
Ramadan is not just about fasting but also about giving back, prayer, and reflection. We ask that you join us in our journey to raise funds for The Palestanian Children’s Relief Fund and Elman Peace Foundation. These organizations have proven to be reliable and have done great work thus far with specific regard to the youth.
-We hope that you will consider donating – but expect you to join us regardless!
The benefits of Fasting:
- It helps one to feel compassion for those who are less fortunate and underprivileged
- It allows one to build a sense of self-control and will-power, which can be beneficial throughout life in dealing with temptations and peer-pressure. Through fasting, one can learn to control their natural urges such as hunger and thirst, and thus are able to better resist temptations for things which are not necessary, such as drugs or other unhealthy or harmful substances and behaviors.
- It offers a time for us to “purify” our bodies as well as our souls, by developing a greater sense of humility, spirituality and community.
The Rules of Fasting:
- During the fast, abstain from all false talks and deeds. Do not quarrel, have disputes, indulge in arguments, use bad words, or do anything that is forbidden. You should try to discipline yourself morally and ethically.
Things that Invalidate your Fast:
- Eating, drinking or smoking deliberately
- The beginning of menstrual or post-childbirth bleeding
- Sexual Intercourse
however if you are not able to, the true spirit of the fast of the month of Ramadan is more than just abstention from a few things. It is a time of sustained, amplified effort toward spiritual perfection so try to
- Give alms to the poor and destitute.
- Treat your parents and elders with respect.
- Be kind and loving to your children and juniors.
- Take care of and look after your relatives.
- Keep from giving tongue to that which should not even be whispered
- Be compassionate, gentle and benign unto orphans so that after you, your children, if need be, receive the same treatment from others.
To buy tickets, click the following link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/iftar-for-a-cause-tickets-46491384984?aff=ebdssbdestsearch