Recipe of the Day
Tabouleh - Parsley and Burghul Salad
This salad has become world-renowned. It has been made popular in the Americas and Europe by Lebanese immigrants. Serves about 6 to 8.
- 1/2 cup fine or medium burghul, soaked for 10 minutes in warm water, then drained by pressing water out through a fine strainer.
- 2 medium bunches of parsley, thoroughly washed, stemmed, then finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- lettuce leaves
Place burghul and all vegetables, except lettuce leaves, in a bowl, then thoroughly mix and set aside. Combine remaining ingredients, except lettuce leaves, then pour over burghul and vegetables. Toss and serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.