Arab America Announces Summer 2020 Internship/Externship Opportunities
Application Deadline: Open until all positions are filled.
Term: May-August 2020 (4 Months)
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, we are currently accepting off-site work-at-home internships
Interns selected will be asked to focus on four or more of the following areas:
- Writing content on the identity and culture of Arab Americans and other major issues that impact them
- Posting original and aggregated content to Arab America’s digital platforms
- Keeping social media sites up-to-date
- Researching for events and information about Arab American communities
- Representing and promoting Arab America at selected community events
- Developing and managing the Arab America database
- Enriching the content of the website, E-News, and social media
- Following up with sponsors for Arab America events
- Assisting in developing and implementing special projects
- Be enrolled in college or have completed recently a college degree
- Have knowledge of the use of Microsoft Office, including Excel and WordPress
- Be committed, coachable, flexible, and with an excellent attendance record
- Report to our Washington DC office, but due to Coronavirus crisis remote work-at-home internships are available
Applicants with the following backgrounds are welcome: English, Journalism, Arab/Middle Eastern/ International Studies, Political Science, Media and Film Studies, Public Relations, Communications, and Marketing. Again, emphasis will be placed on writing skills and editing.
Compensation: Internships are unpaid, but experience and credit hours gained (if applicable) are beneficial. Full-time applicants are preferred; however, part-time applicants (minimum of 18-20 hours per week) are considered.
About Arab America
With close to four million Arab Americans in the U.S., Arab America’s primary mission is to unify the diverse and growing Arab American community, to promote an accurate image about them, and to act as a “bridge” between the Arab and non-Arab American mainstream communities through the dissemination of events, articles, celebrations of Arab American Heritage Month (April) and various information via the website, e-mail messaging, and social media.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and transcripts to:
Dr. Amal David, Director of Operations and Outreach
Click Here to Visit Our BLOG: