2019 'Ilm Intensive
Date(s) - 07/19/2019 - 07/26/2019
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
ICD Banquet Hall
The Ilm Intensive is BACK for the third year after its massive success the past two years alhamdulilah!
A 7-day intensive ‘ilm (knowledge) program for locals, one that is both affordable and advanced for students who wish to take their knowledge, spirituality, and practice to the next level.
This year, the program is from 8:00am until 4:25pm daily, students will have the opportunity to study and interact closely with instructors, covering the subjects of Postmodernism & Islam, Evolution of Fiqh, Art of Advising, Principles of Tafseer, Causes & Context of Revelation, and many miscellaneous topics with guest speakers. Participants will have the opportunity to enjoy lunch with with one another, unlimited coffee and tea on-site, and private Q&As for a comprehensive, transformative, life-changing week.
Subjects include: Core classes (5)
- Postmodernism & Islam
- Evolution of Fiqh
- Art of Advising
- Principles of Tafseer
- Causes & Context of Revelation
Shaykha Aysha Wazwaz, PhD
Sh. Omar Hedroug
Sh. Majed Mahmoud
Sh. Suleiman Hani
Dr. Mohannad Hakeem
What you get:
- One week of intensive studies, activities, training, and spiritual purification
- Access to various instructors and speakers throughout the week
- Writing utensils and note-taking resources
- Lunch provided daily
- Coffee & refreshments throughout the intensive
- LIMITED spots; no exceptions.
- Ages Highschool + only.
Program Schedule (tentative):
- Friday, July 19 @ 7:30pm | Lecture (for public), Orientation and Registration
- Saturday July 20 to Thursday, July 25 | All classes and activities 8:00am-4:30pm (Open doors and coffee at 7:45AM, classes begin 8:00AM sharp)
-Lunch and Dhuhr break from 1:05-2:20pm every day
- Thursday, July 25 @ 4:30pm | Commencement ceremony, awards, and closing speech.
Admission cost (to cover expenses):
$65/ea – returning students
$80/ea – early bird
$100/ea – General Individual Admission
Group discounts & financial aid available by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
ICD Banquet Hall
14350 Tireman Ave
Detroit, MI 48228
For more information, contact: email@example.com