American Allies & Interests: Assessing Trump’s Foreign Policy Midterm
Date(s) - 11/15/2018
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Hart Senate Office Building
The American Conservative
November 2018 will mark the two-year anniversary of the election of President Donald Trump. The American Conservative’s fifth annual foreign-policy conference promises to be a thoughtful, provocative a conversation about the president’s foreign-affairs strategy—and the effectiveness of its deployment to date. Are we really putting “America First”? Can Congress reclaim oversight over foreign conflicts? How do our veterans view the quiet “forever war”?
The event will feature keynote speaker Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky) and convene an impressive roster of other leaders, scholars, policy strategists, and journalists in a series of discussions including:
* Taking Back Congressional War Powers
* Trump Politics and Foreign Policy Realism: A Media View
* The Future of Asian Power Politics: Is Trump Losing or Gaining Ground for the U.S.?
* Middle East (In)stability: Telling the Difference Between Friends and Frenemies
* The Quiet Forever War and Military Reform: Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans Speak Out
Check our website for updates to the agenda here !