Arabic Class (TERM 2: 3/3 - 4/7)
Date(s) - 03/03/2019 - 04/07/2019
8:00 am - 10:00 am
Islamic Center Of Southern California
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
Join us on Sunday mornings from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. for our Modern Standard Arabic class. Classes accommodate students beginner to intermediate level. Each term is six weeks long (unless otherwise noted).
Lessons are interactive and will range from learning Quranic Arabic to practical, conversational skills. Gradually, students will build up their language skills by:
- Recognizing the Arabic letters in their isolated and connected forms
- Mastering writing and naming the Arabic alphabet correctly
- Sounding out the vocabulary appropriately through mastering of short and long vowels etc.
- Being exposed from basic to more complicated structures and lexical knowledge that enable understanding of the language of the Qur’an.
- Solving excessive exercises to enhance listening, speaking, writing, reading comprehension
Instructor: Dr. Amal Sakr Elhoseiny
Cost: $20 (per class) or $120 (6-week term)
Class Materials: “Gateway to Arabic” by Dr. Imran Hamza Alwiye (Book 1, Book 2, and Application for Book 1)
2019 ARABIC CLASS TERMS:
- TERM 1: Jan. 13 – Feb. 17 (Registration is closed except for students who have been attending class since 1/13)
- TERM 2: Mar. 03 – APR. 07 (Registration is open until 8 a.m. on Sunday, March 3)
- TERM 3: Apr. 14 – APR. 28
QUESTIONS? Please email our ICSC Programs Coordinator, Kristen Stangas (firstname.lastname@example.org)