Basic Arabic Online Course
Date(s) - 10/12/2020 - 11/11/2020
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Hudson County Community College Department Of Continuing Education
About this Event
This course will offer a Communicative Approach to learning the Basics of the Arabic language. Through this method of learning, students are encouraged to apply what they learn orally, be corrected, and improve in their Arabic speaking skills. By the end of the course, students will have the tools to understand and participate in basic conversations using common phrases in the Arabic language as well as read some Arabic words.
Week 1: How is Arabic different?
• The Arabic Alphabets
• Special phonetics in Arabic ( Formal Arabic)
• Gendered language
• Basic grammar ( Pronouns and sentence structure )
Week 2: Let’s communicate!
• Days of the week and time expressions (half an hour, 20 mins)
Week 3: Connect with others
• Introductions ( name, age, nationality)
• Family members
• Adjectives and feelings (colors, angry, sick, happy, worried)
Week 4: Ask around.
• Transportation methods
• Ask simple questions (What time is it? Are you okay? Where is the train station?)
Week 5: Expand your knowledge.
• Introduce new English/Arabic to help read (na3am, 3’alat, 7’alas, 7adir, ba7ibik)
• Further resources and tips to learn Arabic on your own.
Days: Mondays & Wednesdays (10 Sessions)
Dates:10/12/20 – 11/11/20
Times: 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Instructor: Marwa Abdelaziz
Participants will receive an email with details on how to access the live course a few days before the start of class.
For more information, please contact Alexis Muniz at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Click here to register!