Christmas Fundraising Dinner for Lebanon
Date(s) - 12/18/2021
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
by Tanya Abou-Ghazaly
About this event
Buy Your Ticket Here
Lebanon needs your solidarity!
Join us for an evening of authentic Lebanese dishes to a backdrop of soul-fueled Arabic tunes. Within a framework of mutual aid, we are organizing a fundraising dinner to support Lebanese families meet their basic needs. Remember that a single act of kindness can have ripple effects halfway across the globe.
❆ Why are we doing this?
- 82% of Lebanese live in poverty, up from 22% in 2019
- The Lebanese Pound lost 90% of its value in 2 years
- Lebanon’s economic collapse is the worst worldwide since 1850
- The 2020 Beirut explosion was one of the largest blasts in history
❆ Where will my money go?
All proceeds gathered from this fundraising dinner will be used to buy:
- Baby formula
- Other basic necessities
For the sake of transparency, we will keep supporters in the loop by providing updates and photos of the distribution of donated goods.
❆ I’m in! What should I do next?
Since quantities are limited, pre-orders are encouraged by buying a ticket here.
Every extra contribution goes a long way for the families. Please consider pledging a donation, however small or large, to our GoFundMe page.
❆ What’s on the menu?
I thought you’d never ask. Get ready for a treat!
1. Loubye Bzeit | لوبية بزيت: Flavor-packed braised green beans with a tomato sauce.
2. Tabbouleh | تبوله: A lemony bulgur salad with parsley, tomatoes and mint.
3. Pita | خبز : Round flatbread used to scoop dips and sauces.
4. Mutabbal | متبل: Smoked eggplant dip. Like Baba Ganoush – but better.
5. Maqluba | مقلوبة: An upside-down rice, chicken & eggplant dish served with yogurt on the side.
6. Sfouf | صفوف: Turmeric cake with semolina. A classic.
Dine in, pick-up and delivery available. Ask about our vegetarian option.
❆ How can I help?
If you are unable to donate, please share this event and our GoFundMe campaign with others to help spread the word.