Community Fundraiser for Lamise ElBetar
Date(s) - 06/26/2019
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Lamise is a kind, brave and determined University of Akron graduate student from Cairo, Egypt. She was born with a congenital venous malformation. While originally only a small bump, it has continued to grow and has now resulted in a severe facial difference.
Her journey has taken her from Egypt to Akron, Ohio and now to a team of medical experts at Boston Children’s Hospital, who are treating Lamise with an interventional radiology process called Sclerotherapy, to reduce it and arrest future growth. Lamise’s treatments are very costly and as a pre-existing condition, not covered by her student medical insurance.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
PLEASE ATTEND THIS COMMUNITY FUNDRAISER FOR LAMISE!
Please join Team Lamise on Wednesday, June 26, 2019, from 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM. The oral auction will begin at 7:00 PM. There will be no cover charge. This is just a fun-filled evening where attendees can purchase raffle tickets and bid on amazing items.
Raffle and auction items include:
- Signed game work jersey from Champion All-Star Boston Red Sox pitcher Steven Wright
- Two tickets to KISS farewell tour concert including meet and picture with the band Cincinnati show Aug 29th, with signed action figures, Donated by the band.
- Case of wine from Milia Winery in Sonoma, CA
- 2 tickets/ passes to Rascal Flats Blossom show Aug 16th. Donated by the band.
- Golf and lunch at Firestone South for 2.
- 4 tickets to the Peter Frampton farewell tour at Blossom on August 8th. Donated by the band.
- 2 tickets to Dave Mathews Band in Cincinnati on July 2nd. Donated by the band.
- 2 tickets to Lady Antebellum Concert in Las Vegas, airline tickets courtesy of CHIMA Travel (good for any show 8/23/19- 8/31/19), Palms Casino Resort https://www.ladyantebellum.com/
- AND MORE……………
All donations are appreciated and tax deductible. Checks made be made payable to Global Ties Akron, a registered non-profit 501 (c3) organization. Tax ID # 34-1433786
To learn more about Lamise’s journey, please read the Akron Beacon Journal series.
Any questions can be directed to Global Ties Akron: Phone: 330-972-8296 / Email: GlobalTiesAkron@gmail.com