Eastern Europe, Middle East, North Africa Team Building Solveathon Workshop
Date(s) - 09/08/2020
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
MIT Solve & Global Surgical Training Challenge
About this Event
What is a Solveathon?
A Solveathon is a virtual, high-energy workshop designed to build teams and strengthen applications for the Global Surgical Training Challenge.
During these Solveathon workshops, you will:
- Connect with professionals who are interested in surgical training
- Further your understanding of the Challenge and requirements to compete
- Build or expand your project team
- Refine your project through facilitated design thinking activities developed at MIT
- Learn to compile a skills assessment framework
We’re hosting Solveathon workshops in five regions globally. Each region will have three activities: online networking, a Team Building Solveathon, and a Refinement Solveathon.
What is a Team Building Solveathon?
Have an idea but need a team? Join this virtual Team Building Solveathon to network with multi-disciplinary professionals in your region. This workshop is recommended for early-stage projects.
This is one of two workshops focused on Eastern Europe, Middle East, & North Africa. Learn more about the Refinement Solveathon to strengthen your project and prepare to apply for the Discovery Awards. We encourage everyone to participate in both the Team Building and Refinement Solveathon workshops to prepare for the Discovery Awards.
Who can participate?
Creating novel surgical training modules can only be achieved by multidisciplinary teams with experience in resource-constrained settings. To make up these teams, we are looking for:
- surgical education specialists with experience working in resource-constrained settings
- clinicians with experience working in resource-constrained settings,
- engineers and software developers
- artists, medical illustrators, film prop creators, and designers
We anticipate many of you wishing to attend will already be working in such multi-disciplinary teams. However, we also anticipate interest from individuals from unrelated fields and we will work with you to place you on a team suitable to take on the Challenge.
This workshop will last approximately 1.5 hours.
- Challenge overview
- Surgical training team presentations
- Breakout discussion rooms
- Next steps