Egyptomania at Green-Wood Trolley Tour
Date(s) - 11/19/2022
10:00 am - 10:00 pm
The Green-Wood Cemetery
Obelisks, pyramids, and snakes, oh my! This trolley tour celebrates the hundredth anniversary of the discovery of Tutankhamun’s tomb.
When and where
Date and time
The Green-Wood Cemetery 500 25th Street Brooklyn, NY 11232
About this event
Obelisks, pyramids, and snakes, oh my! This special trolley tour celebrates the hundredth anniversary of the discovery of the tomb of the boy king Tutankhamun. And you don’t need to go any further than Green-Wood to see how obsessed the Victorians really were with the Ancient Egyptian world! As soon as the Cemetery was established in 1838, monuments and mausoleums evoking this far away land began popping up left and right, from pyramids and obelisks to images of gods and sphinxes. Journey across Green-Wood and through time to explore this undying mania for the Egyptian afterlife.
Before Purchasing Your Ticket, Please Note:
- COVID-19 Policy: Attendees MUST wear a face covering at all times on the trolley, regardless of vaccine status, and follow instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Tickets: There are no paper or e-tickets! Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Where To Go: Check-in takes place at the Historic Chapel near the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street (500 25th Street).
- For Your Safety: This tour includes climbing stairs and walking on grassy and uneven terrain. We strongly encourage attendees to wear suitable footwear. Due to the nature and length of the route, this tour is not recommended for children under the age of 10.
- A Little More About Safety: Unless it is a medical emergency, it is not possible to leave the tour early.
- Refunds and exchanges: Ticket sales are final. No exchanges or refunds unless the tour is canceled.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We monitor the weather throughout the day for the best chance of proceeding with the tour, and will not make a final decision until at least 3 hours before the start of the tour. Cancellations will be announced via Eventbrite email blasts, so check your email and spam folders.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever.
Green-Wood trolley tours are fully accessible and ADA compliant. In order to accommodate a wheelchair or other mobility aids on the trolley, arrangements must be made in advance. Please call 718-210-3080, ext. 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.