Explore Creative Access - La Mirada, CA - 06/08/21
Date(s) - 06/08/2021 - 06/12/2021
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
About this Event
Explore Creative Access is a five-day course with a focus on Creative Access strategies designed to help you determine if Bible translation, linguistics, and cross-cultural ministry are right for you.
Explore Creative Access in California, will give you an interactive glimpse of reaching the Bibleless in CREATIVE ACCESS* situations. Our focus during this session is on the Middle East and Arabic speaking countries, but the topics also serve in other creative access people groups. You have the opportunity to learn basic elements of linguistics, translation and language learning. You won’t just hear about it; you’ll experience it through a variety of simulations. Everyday includes a focus on praying for the Bibleless in this part of the world and ends with traditional Arabic tea! After spiritually and mentally challenging days, decide for yourself where you fit in Bible Translation!
Classes: for a sample schedule of this event, contact the coordinator –Linda at events_SW_usa@wycliffe.org. After dinner, there are mini-sessions, field reports and more.
The course includes introductory sessions on phonetics, grammar, cultural learning, translation and language learning, with video and field reports from actual translation projects. Additional sessions will be presented on Ethnomusicology and World Arts, Scripture Engagement, Orality and Production, Survey, Social Media and Computers in Translation! Community living offers greater opportunity for interacting after hours with the staff and fellow participants.
*Creative Access – Strategies appropriate in reaching People groups where church activities are greatly restricted; where open evangelism by Christians is unlawful; where churches have to meet in secret. It’s estimated that nearly 60 countries fall in this category. (defined by Southern Nazarene Univ.)
- This event is recommended for those who are 18 and above. Minors may attend with a parent or legal guardian.
- General class sizes are 15–30 people.
- Housing and meals are provided.
- Cost is $425. Early registration of $375 by May 7.
- Discounts are available (contact the event coordinator for details):
- Explore Bible Translation and Total-It-Up! alumni are free, as long as they bring a friend (who pays full price).
- Contact the event coordinator for special pricing for married couples and parents accompanying a minor.
- Perspectives Alums– if you have completed the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement course, Wycliffe offers a $100 discount.
- YWAM-DTS Alums– if you have completed the YWAM DTS course, Wycliffe offers a $100 discount.
- for Café 1040 Alums, Wycliffe offers a $100 discount.
- Other discounts may be available (contact the event coordinator for details).
If you’re planning to fly in for our event – plan to arrive at LAX (Los Angeles) by 1:30 pm on Tuesday. Contact the event coordinator for further instructions.
We are excited about the group that God is bringing together for this special week in June!!! EXPLORE Creative Access is held on the Biola University campus in conjunction with the Graduate program at the Cook School of Intercultural Studies.
Contact the event coordinator Linda Hughes at email@example.com.
***If someone will be attending with you, please be sure they register separately.