Extra Flame Concert Feat. Josh Blanco AKA Faraj Abyad
Date(s) - 12/09/2018
4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Join Sephardic Heritage International (SHIN) DC and partners at Temple Micah for a an evening of Arabic music & Hanukkah treats, as we raise awareness of the Syrian and other refugee crises worldwide. SHIN’s annual Hanukkah program is inspired by a Syrian Jewish narrative that Sephardic refugees began lighting an extra flame each night of Hanukkah to commemorate the security & tolerance they found in Aleppo, following expulsion from Spain in 1492.
Faraj Abyad is a contemporary Singer and Musician of Syrian/Aleppian Jewish heritage based in New York City. He specializes in performing Arabic music in its traditional form by working with distinguished musicians and singers to uphold the beauty of “Tarab.
- Syrian & other Hanukkah treats
- Hanukkah lighting, including the extra flame.
- Receive information about ways each of us can help refugees in the U.S. and around the world.
TICKETS (Purchase here)
- Regular (1 PERSON): $18
- At The Door: $20
FOR THE FOLLOWING TICKETS, PLEASE USE THE “DONATE” OPTION TO CONTRIBUTE THE APPROPRIATE AMOUNT AND EMAIL INFO@SHINDC.ORG WITH NAMES OF ATTENDEE(S) AND TICKET TYPE IN SUBJECT:
- EARLY BIRD (2 PEOPLE – Expires Friday 11/30, 5:30 PM): $20
- STUDENTS/SENIORS (1 PERSON): $14
- FINANCIAL HARDSHIP (1 PERSON): If experiencing financial hardship, donate what you can select ‘donate’ at ticket link and make any donation you can afford.
- CHILDREN: Donate any amount and send your name and the names of the children to firstname.lastname@example.org