Class Level: All levels
Flavors of the Middle East
Date(s) - 01/09/2020
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK
What you’ll learn in this middle eastern cooking class:
This class is designed to help you increase the number of flavors and ingredients you are comfortable experimenting with in your kitchen, by highlighting the vibrant cuisines of the Middle East.
- Homemade Pita Bread
- Muhammara (walnut-pomegranate-red pepper dip)
- Roasted Eggplant with Chermoula and Sumac Yogurt
- Chicken Tagine with Saffron Couscous
- Basbousa (Semolina Almond Cake with Spiced Syrup)
- Please reach out to CourseHorse for any dietary restrictions.
- Please make sure to ring the outside buzzer, even if the front door is open, so we know you are arriving!
You’ll receive a complete recipe packet and enjoy a full sit-down meal at the end of class with your classmates. Our classes are BYOB, and you are welcome to bring a bottle to share at the sit-down meal.
Our classes are hands-on, coupled with demonstration-style teaching. Everyone is situated at their own cutting board/chef’s knife station around a large wooden worktable that accommodates the whole class (10 people max). We work together as a group, with the chef at the head of the table.
We focus on knife skills, preparing ingredients for cooking, and we strive to find every opportunity to offer you a hands-on experience at the stove and at your station, all within the spacial parameters of a single stove/family-style kitchen. We ask for volunteers to assist in all cooking.
Still have questions? Ask the community.