Introduction to Arabic Maqam / Turkish Makam and influences into Flamenco
Date(s) - 06/10/2020
Flameno singing schol
Introduction to Arabic Maqam / Turkish Makam and Byzantine Modes
– Main Families
– Basic structure of maqam
How this way of melodic development is strongly connected with Flamenco
In what form do we find Maqam/ Makam and Byzantine Modes in Flamenco
free improvisation (taqasim – taksim)
No knowledge of makam system is necessary to attend this workshop…Since practice is more important than theory it is strongly suggested whoever is interested in this workshop to bring their either equally tempered or microtonal…string or wind instrument or just…tune up your vocal chords!!
All the times refer to Western European Time (Amsterdam/Berlin)
This class is part of the program of our virtual flamenco singing school “iam-flamenco” and it can be combined with the rest of the classes , for a whole fee of 140 euros.
– Vocal flamenco singing technique with Alba Guerrero
– Flamenco singing repertoir with Rafael de Utrera
– Flamenco Rythms / Singing with Yota Baron
– Arabic music in flamenco with Anastasia Zachariadou
– Flamenco palmas for beginners / palmas for accompanying flamenco dance by Claudia Karapanou
In the mean time here are some videoes enjoy!