Lafayette Comedy Hour presents comedian Ahmed Al-Kadri
Date(s) - 08/12/2022
The Wurst Biergarten
Lafayette Comedy Hour presents comedian Ahmed Al-kadri at The Wurst Biergarten on Friday, August 12.
About this event
Tickets on sale for $10 in advance or $15 at the door.
Show at 8:30 p.m.
Ahmed Al-kadri is a Yemeni-American comedian based in LA. He was previously working as an Accountant but his immigrant parents are forcing him to be a comedian. Most of his material is mined from his upbringing, relatable situations, and just some goofy fun. He started his career in 2016 taking an improv class at Dallas comedy House and has been hooked ever since.
He has performed in numerous improv, sketch, and stand up comedy shows at his old stomping grounds. With his improv troupe Sunglow, headlined Dallas Comedy House on weekends and traveled across the country performing in various comedy festivals before moving to Los Angeles in 2018 to pursue a career in Stand Up.
Over the last year, Ahmed has gained a following on Tik Tok and IG with some of his most notable work such as “Roommates with Anxiety” , “F-Boi Rehab”, or “Arab at an Indian Wedding” ; some of his was content featured on Buzzfeed and DankMemes. You may recognize him on Fox’s Love Connection or a “Honey” Commercial that airs on Hulu.
Lafayette Comedy produces stand-up comedy shows around the Acadiana area, featuring local, regional, and national comedians. Lafayette Comedy also produces weekly open-mics, monthly showcases, and special comedy shows.
* Cell phones must be set on silent or turned off. Never take a phone call during the show. If it can’t wait, please step outside.
* Table Talk – must be kept to a minimum. Lafayette Comedy reserves the right to remove loud, talkative patrons. No refunds will be given.
* No Flash Photography permitted
* No Recording: Each comedian owns the rights to their own material, you however do NOT.
* Do Not Heckle the Comedian: Heckling is interrupting the performance to upstage, disparage, or throw off the comedian. It is never acceptable, and the quickest way to ruin the show for everyone. It is also the quickest way to ejection.
* Do Not Interrupt the Comedian: The common excuse for this is “I’m helping the comedian” and “that’s what you’re supposed to do at Comedy Clubs!” Comedians are professionals, they do not need help. Exception: If a comedian directly engages you in conversation, it is ok to respond. Some of the best comedy happens this way, and can make for a memorable experience. Be ready to let it go when the bit is over.
I don’t recognize the comic’s name, will the show be funny?
Yes, all of our acts are professional nationally touring comedians. There are so many talented comedians out there today; it is impossible for all of them to become household names. That being said, comedy is subjective and we recommend you research the comedian you are coming to see.
Unless otherwise stated, please consider all of our shows as “adult subject matter.”
No refunds unless the show is cancelled or rescheduled.
For any questions or to request more information, please contact Lafayette Comedy at firstname.lastname@example.org or (337) 298-4373.