Magic and Mystery of Ancient Egypt
Date(s) - 01/19/2020
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Bee Present Wellness LLC
NEW CUMBERLAND, PENNSYLVANIA
Details Join US for a Full Day of Getting to know Egypt. Experience a fascinating lecture introducing the Gods/Goddesses and a little Magic!
About this Event:
Join US for a Full Day of Getting to know Egypt. First you will experience a fascinating lecture introducing the Gods/Goddesses and belief systems of ancient Egypt. The lecture encourages you to participate. We pass around large papyrus painting depicting Egypt’s extensive history. Next we delve into a little “MAGIC”. Finally, questions and answers along with lite refreshments and a little shopping. Papyrus paintings, magical amulets and Egyptian spell kits will be made available for purchase.
Outline of Lecture
Part 1 Introduction to Ancient Egypt
• An introduction to the Gods and Goddesses including their complex interpersonal relationships
• Creation, birth, death and rebirth
• 42 Ideals Maa’t
• The Pharaoh’s participation in Egyptian Religious Life and starting in the Middle Kingdom of Egypt (2040-1782 BCE) the women’s role as God’s Wife of Amun. The most famous of the God’s Wives was the female pharaoh Hatshepsut.
• Judgement scene explained
• The use of the Ankh during the opening of the mouth ritual
Part 11 Heka (Magic)
• What is Heka?
• Heka for the people, sympathetic magic, protection amulets, aromatherapy and herbs
• Heka for the initiate seeking to enhance his/her spiritual growth and development transcendentally and communicating with deities.
• Purifying the vessel
• Planetary Magical correspondences
• God and Goddesses participation
Part 111 Can we contact the Egyptian Gods and Goddesses Today?
• Alester Crowly – A modern day account of Horus communicating to Alister Crowly thru a spirit in 1904 during his honeymoon in Cairo, Egypt Crowley claimed to have been contacted by a supernatural entity named Aiwass, who provided him with The Book of the Law, a sacred text that served as the basis for Thelema. Announcing the start of the Æon of Horus, The Book declared that its followers should “Do what thou wilt” and seek to align themselves with their True Will through the practice of magick.