Middle East Strategy Forum 2021
Date(s) - 05/19/2021 - 05/20/2021
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Instiute for Peace and Diplomacy
About this Event
The Institute for Peace & Diplomacy is pleased to host the inaugural Middle East Strategy Forum (MESF 2021) on May 19-20th.
The IPD aims to launch the Middle East Strategy Forum as an annual Canadian conference that brings together high-level policymakers, diplomats, foreign policy experts, business leaders, and journalists to engage in constructive discussions around current and emerging issues in the region.
Hosting a diverse group of renowned speakers and experts from the Middle East, Europe and North America, MESF 2021 is the first Canadian annual conference that focuses specifically on the geopolitics of West Asia. As part of MESF 2021, IPD hosts a series of keynote speeches, panel discussions, seminars and networking sessions to discuss the path to sustainable peace and constructive diplomatic engagement in the region.
MESF 2021 will be in a fully-virtual environment to accommodate COVID guidelines. Starting in 2022, this conference will transition to an in-person event held annually in Ottawa, Canada.
Day 1: Multi-Faceted Geopolitics In The Middle East
- Opening (10:00-10:30 AM ET)
- Panel 1: New Middle East Security Architecture in the Making (10:30-11:45 AM ET)
- Panel 2: Great Power Competition in the Middle East (12:00-1:15 PM ET)
- Panel 3: Canada’s Middle East Engagement and Defense Strategy (3:00-4:15 PM ET)
- Panel 4: Humanitarian Diplomacy: An Underused Foreign Policy Tool in the Middle East (4:30-5:45 PM ET)
Day 2: Diplomacy In Action In The Middle East
- Panel 1: Future of Diplomacy and Engagement in the Middle East (10:30-11:45 AM ET)
- Panel 2: Arms Race and Terrorism in the Middle East (12:00-1:15 PM ET)
- Panel 3: Trade and Business Diplomacy in the Middle East (3:00-4:15 PM ET)
- Panel 4: Pathways to Manage Non-Proliferation in the Middle East (4:30-5:45 PM ET)
- Closing (5:45-6:00 PM ET)