Multicultural Graduation Celebration: January 26, 2019
Date(s) - 01/26/2019
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Sports Science & Athletics Pavilion
LA VERNE, CALIFORNIA
You are cordially invited to participate in the
University of La Verne’s 6th Annual
Multicultural Graduation Celebration
Saturday, January 26, 2019
2pm to 4pm. in the Sports Science & Athletics Pavilion
Your paid RSVP must be recieved by Monday, January 7, 2019. You may register after this date, just be aware that you may not be in the printed materials. Registration will remain open until Monday, January 14, 2019.
The University of La Verne’s Multicultural Graduation Celebration complements the main commencement in that it specifically acknowledges and celebrates graduates and their families within a multi-cultural context. Participants are honored with music, speakers, certificate of achievement and are adorned with a symbolic multi-cultural sash.
The University of La Verne’s Multicultural Graduation Celebration is for all University of La Verne winter 2019 graduates, including: traditional undergraduates, CAPA, graduate, professional and doctoral students.
– Cost for participation in the Multicultural Graduation Celebration is $30, plus $3.46 Eventbrite fee.
– Cost includes a magnificent sash & certificate of achievement. You may pick from among the sashes we have which include:
- Multicultural “Unity” Sash
- Latinx “Recuerdo” Sash
- Black “Kente” Sash
- Middle Eastern/Arabic Sash
- Pacific Islander/Asian American Sash
- Rainbow “Lavender” Sash
**If one of the affinity sashes is NOT right for you, we encourage you to pick the Multicultural Sash – it is a wonderful representation of unity!
– Immediately following the Multicultural Graduation Celebration there will be a dessert reception in the Campus Center.
– Guest seating is on a first-come /first-served basis, doors to the Sports Science & Athletics Pavilion will open at 1pm. Guests are not required to have tickets for entry.
– Participants MUST wear their cap & gown at the Graduation Celebration (graduation hoods will not be worn)
– *Participants will arrive for check-in at 1:00 pm in the Campus Center, Ballroom A*
– Parking: Free weekend parking is available in all University parking lots (no parking permits required for on-campus parking)–we encourage you to use the parking structure located on the south side of the Sports Science & Athletics Pavilion. Please follow all campus parking regulations.
La Verne’s Multicultural Graduation Celebration is presented by:
Center for Multicultural Services and supported by the University community.
For additional information contact: Dr. Daniel Loera at firstname.lastname@example.org or (909) 448-4321 or
Misty Levingston at email@example.com or (909) 448-4544
*You must wear your graduation regalia (cap and gown) in order to participate
in the cultural graduation celebration, however please DO NOT wear your hoods.
All sales are final. No refunds.