Muslim Nonprofit Leadership Conference - NJ Area 2018
Date(s) - 07/28/2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
NIA Masjid & Community Center
Muslim Legal Fund of America cordially invites you to attend the Muslim Nonprofit Leadership Conference on Saturday, July 28th, 2018, at NIA Masjid & Community Center in Newark, NJ.
This conference delivers practical information about laws impacting mosques and other Muslim nonprofit organizations as well as the imams, board members, staff and attorneys who serve them. The goal of the conference sessions is to equip you and your fellow Muslim community leaders with the knowledge and resources for successfully navigating the increasingly complicated legal landscape affecting Muslims in America.
It is vital for American Muslim community leaders to be informed about the latest legal and social issues facing the community – especially in this increasingly hostile environment.
The conference is FREE and registration is easy. Simply click “register” on this page and fill the form.
You don’t want to miss this unique opportunity! This is the only law conference with material specifically designed for board members and executive leadership of Muslim relief, service, advocacy and other nonprofits. The goal of this information-packed law conference is to equip the Muslim community with the knowledge and resources for successfully navigating the increasingly complicated legal landscape affecting Muslims in America.
NONPROFIT RISK MANAGEMENT & COMPLIANCE
- Safeguarding 501(c)(3) status – Governance, Risk and IRS Compliance
- Board fiduciary responsibilities, record keeping and disclosures requirements
- Major mistakes to avoid regarding labor law with employees, contractors and volunteers
- Strategies for mitigating risks associated with overseas transactions
- Fundraising regulations, state registrations, unrelated business income
- What you need to know about international charitable giving – banking regulations
MITIGATING LEGAL CHALLENGES
- Understanding the FBI – interviews – private meetings – outreach programs – working relationships
- International customs and border crossing – interviews, detentions, inspections, searches, and the law
- Community Issues: Marriage, Divorce, Family Law
- Guidance on LGBT issues, legal protections faith-based organizations possess
- Religious land use and institutionalized persons’ act (RLUIPA), zoning and prison discrimination
- Hate speech, anti-Muslim protests at religious institutions, and the law
This is not a “Know Your Rights” seminar.
This is a one-day, intensive leadership conference designed specifically for imams, leaders of mosques, schools, and other Muslim nonprofits, nonprofit staff, and philanthropists.
Insha’Allah, we hope to see you there.
To learn more and to register, click the following link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/muslim-nonprofit-leadership-conference-nj-area-2018-tickets-48013328157?aff=ebdssbdestsearch