Odyssey Across Africa Cooking Class -Taste of Sudan
Date(s) - 02/25/2021
10:00 am - 11:30 am
About this Event
Odyssey Across Africa and Diaspora – Gladys Shahtou is the chef and owner at Sambuxa NYC, the only Sudanese caterer in NYC. The Sudanese born chef wants to change the narrative around Sudan and introduce Sudanese food to New York and the world. The Signature
Dish – Chicken Agashe (Sudanese Style Suya) and a Dakwa salad (scallion tomato Salad with feta cheese and a peanut butter dressing).
WHERE – Online Zoom – LINK TO TICKETS PRICES TO BE SENT AFTER YOU PURCHASE TOUR TICKETS
How it works – Tickets – You will receive a shopping list with equipment and ingredients needed for recipe as well as a Zoom link after you purchase your tickets.
AFRICAN RESTAURANT WEEK SUPPORTING OUR SMALL BUSINESSES AND THE BEST OF AFRICAN/AFRICAN DIASPORA CUISINE AND CULTURE
WHAT TO EXPECT
– Virtual cooking class via Zoom – you receive link to class and ingredients after you purchase your tickets
– Watch or cook side by side with chefs from across the diaspora (you will receive ingredients list when you purchase ticket)
– Learn new cooking techniques
– Add more ingredients to your cooking
– Connect with fellow foodies, local and international chefs
– Get recipes and cooking tips
– Q&A session with the chef.
Whether you are a novice or have been cooking for some time, our classes offer an array of information that is sure to add more vibrancy to your dishes.
Odyssey Across Africa and The Diaspora – a showcase of the best of African/Black diaspora cuisine, will include traditional and fusion dishes with chefs from across the diaspora teaching and highlighting their various cooking techniques (professional chefs, amateurs, home cooks, restaurant owners, food entrepreneurs and more)
Brought to you by AFRICAN RESTAURANT WEEK SUPPORTING OUR SMALL BUSINESSES AND THE BEST OF AFRICAN/AFRICAN DIASPORA CUISINE AND CULTURE