RIBA Gulf Live Lunch Talk with Maryam Al-Irhayim
Date(s) - 10/20/2021
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
RIBA International Regions
About this event
Livestreamed from Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, join Maryam Al-Irhayim, current vice president for Students and Associates at the RIBA National Council, sitting on education, architecture for change, and future architects for her insights on navigating the pandemic as a student. This is the sixth installment of the RIBA Gulf live lunch talks.
On 20 October 2021 at 1 pm GST, join Maryam Al-Irhayim livestreamed from Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates for the sixth installment of the RIBA Gulf live lunch talks on the topic of Navigating the pandemic as a student.
Maryam Al-Irhayim is a student originally from the UAE who currently studies remotely at the Manchester School of Architecture. She is also the current Vice President for Students and Associates at the RIBA Council.
Navigating the pandemic as a student
This session is focused on students and new graduates. The topic will discuss helpful tips to deal with the pandemic as a student of architecture.
Maryam states that COVID-19 certainly changes the studio dynamics. Moving from being surrounded by your peers to being isolated on your computer and watching your lecturer speak can be quite daunting, but in hardship there is strength and resilience. As we maneuver into trying to go back to what we perceived as normal there will be new challenges on balancing returning to the studio safely and online classes.
Learning objectives include:
- learnings from current RIBA Vice President for students and associates at RIBA Council on dealing with the new hybrid and virtual environment of architecture learning through COVID
- methods to increase motivation and classroom connection to fellow students and professors through virtual education
- tips on applying for a job as an early architect through the pandemic
- an extended interactive Q&A session to learn more about being an architecture student in current times and studying in the UK
About Maryam Al Irhayim
Current Vice President for Students and Associates on RIBA Council. Maryam is also a recipient of the UNESCO Prix Versailles Award 2019 and recently came top 10 in another UNESCO competition. She is currently an architecture student at Manchester School of Architecture and is interested in conservation and computational design.
Maryam is a student representative of Architecture for Change and Future Architects through her dedication to the architecture profession and passion for representing students.
About RIBA Gulf live lunch talks
The RIBA Gulf live lunch talks are designed to share and expand knowledge on projects from across the Gulf and promote interactive conversations with leading architects over your lunch break. These events highlight voices from across the Gulf to delve deeper into their projects and highlight various views from across the Gulf while hosting a live Q&A session with the audience.
If you have any membership queries please email us at email@example.com so that we can support you.
Terms and Conditions
· A photographer will cover this event and the images may be used to publicise future RIBA events.
· By accepting an invitation or purchasing a ticket you consent to being photographed, filmed or recorded as a visitor attending the event. · Cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds can be made for cancellations notified within 30 days of the event. To transfer your ticket/s to another individual/s, please contact email@example.com
· Tickets to be transferred at least 14 days prior to the event. Complimentary tickets are strictly non-transferable.
· If the RIBA has to postpone or cancel the event the booker is entitled to a full refund of the ticket price only.
· On entry to the event you agree to accept and abide by any venue rules.
· The RIBA reserves the right to refuse admission to any ticket holder.
· If you are unable to attend any webinars or substitute a delegate, please inform at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to the event date.