Supper Club: A Taste of Egyptian Food and History in a Cozy Brooklyn Apartm...
Date(s) - 02/08/2020
7:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Desserts Baking
- Egyptian Culture
- Egyptian Food
- food & drink
- New York
$25 – $50 USD
Indulge yourself in both food and knowledge all in one night! Join Ahmed and Sarah as they welcome you into their home for a tasty 4 course meal. Ahmed will share his Egyptian culture through each home-cooked dish, supplemented with thoughtful discussion and funny anecdotes. We can also do a small Arabic lesson (we sang happy birthday for someone’s birthday one time!).
What to expect:
– An intimate, 4-course Egyptian tasting menu for 1-5 guests
– Meet new friends around a welcoming and open-minded table
– Guests are welcome to bring their own alcoholic beverages of choice
– Shape your knowledge about food and how it connects to what we eat every day
– Be a part of discussions about British colonialism and its connection to Indian street food and Egypt, sweet desserts, local customs, and popular Arabic sayings
Refunds up to 1 day before event
Eventbrite’s fee is nonrefundable.