The Second Annual Arab Women of the Year Award Ceremony - New Date
Date(s) - 09/17/2022
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Kitchener Portuguese Club Inc. (KPCI)
$60 – $460 USD
Canadian Arab Women's Association
The Second Annual Arab Women of the Year Award Ceremony presented by the Canadian Arab Women’s Association
About this event
In January 2020, the Canadian Arab Women’s Association (CAWA) organized their first annual Arab Women Awards Ceremony at the Portuguese Club in Kitchener. It was a wonderful, inspirational event with many community members, officials, and Arab women in attendance. And then… COVID happened.
Now CAWA is back with the second annual Arab Women of the Year Award Ceremony to celebrate the many achievements of Arab women in Waterloo Region and Guelph. The event will take place on Septmeber 17 2022 and will be open to all.
10% of ticket sale proceeds will go to United Way Waterloo Region Communities.
Each nominated woman will be awarded one of six awards:
1. Community Impact Award: Celebrating an inspirational local community leader, who has made a lasting impact on her community through her hard work and dedication.
2. Woman in the Workforce Award: Recognizing an Arab woman, who is rocking it on the workfloor, whether as an employee or a co-worker.
3. Woman in STEM Award: Highlighting and recognizing an Arab woman who has made a name for herself in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math, despite these fields being male-dominated.
4. Exceptional Entrepreneur Award: Honouring a local female business owner.
5. Making a Difference – Guelph Award: Celebrating an Arab woman, who has made a difference in Guelph.
6. Future Leader Award: Recognizing an Arab woman or girl between the ages of 15 and 24, who is an example of the next generation of Arab female leaders in Waterloo Region and/or Guelph.
Join us for a night to remember where much-deserving Arab women will be recognized for their achievements and contributions to our communities!
Dinner and refreshments will be served at the event.