The Way Ahead Talks: RIBA Middle East and Africa with Alan Jones PRIBA
Date(s) - 02/26/2021
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
RIBA International Regions
Date And Time
Fri, 26 February 2021
07:00 – 08:30 PST
About this Event
RIBA International is hosting a series of digital events to hear the views of our global membership on the implementation of ‘The Way Ahead’, a framework for the future for architectural education and professional development. RIBA Members, Students, Academics and stakeholders are invited to comment about how best the RIBA can develop and deliver the proposals which is due to launch in 2021.
What is the Way Ahead?
The Way Ahead sets out a direction of travel for both future education and future professional development of RIBA chartered architects. The Way Ahead plan consists of 3 key components:
1. A single career-long standard
2. Education themes and values for RIBA Part 1 and Part 2 study
3. Mandatory Competences
Architects need standards of education and practice that reflect the current ethical challenges, environmental concerns and up-to-date knowledge requirements to remain relevant and to continue to serve the needs of clients and society appropriately.
For some time, members have reported that a review is necessary to secure the future of the profession. As we continue to lobby government to make changes within procurement and promote the use of architects across society, our profession needs to attain and demonstrate competencies that the world and society expects and needs, now and into the future.
The Way Ahead framework is the result of consultation with RIBA expert committees and discussion with RIBA Council elected representatives. As a vital part of the process, we now invite members and students to share their views and comments about the delivery of the framework.
More information on this framework can be found here
Take part in the discussion
We are delighted to bring a series of webinars to introduce and discuss this framework in the four RIBA international regions. The events will be hosted by the RIBA National Council elected representative for each region.
Middle East & Africa region webinar:
Date: 26 February 2021; 3pm- 4:30pm (GMT)
3.00pm Welcome – RIBA Azlina Bulmer
3.05pm Introduction by International Council Member
3.15pm Way Ahead with Alan Jones PRIBA
3.50 pm Q&A Audience
Other events in the series:
Date: 26 March 2021; 6pm – 7.30pm GMT
30 April 2021; 10.30am- 12.00pm BST
21 May 2021, 3pm – 4.30pm BST
Terms and Conditions
- The event will be recorded to share on RIBA YouTube and website.
- By accepting an invitation or purchasing a ticket you consent to being photographed, filmed or recorded as a visitor attending the event.
- Cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds can be made for cancellations notified within 30 days of the event. To transfer your ticket/s to another individual/s, please contact email@example.com.
- Tickets to be transferred at least 14 days prior to the event. Complimentary tickets are strictly non-transferable.
- If the RIBA has to postpone or cancel the event the booker is entitled to a full refund of the ticket price only.
- On entry to the event you agree to accept and abide by any venue rules.
- The RIBA reserves the right to refuse admission to any ticket holder.