Travel Abroad - Visit Jasmine’s Middle East! Video/PDF Program
Date(s) - 01/09/2021
7:00 am - 8:00 am
Fancy Girl Tea Parties, Crafts, and Bling LLC
About this Event
This program will be available for viewing in mid January in the form of Video and PDF and is only available through March. There is no live program. Girls and Troops can complete at their convenience.-makes a great individual activity, troop meeting or Thinking Day Event.
Must register by Jan 2 so we can order enough favors. The multiple program dates keeps this event listing current.
- Visit the “Real” Agrabah
- Did Disney create the Jasmine and Aladdin story?
- Do women really walk around dressed like Jasmine?
- Meet Scheherazade – a heroine of Arabic literature.
- Try Arabic/Belly Dance?
- Learn what the Hamsa and Eye symbols mean
- Themed Crafts, Activities, Color Sheets
- Make your own Passport
- Travel Abroad Program Patch
- Optional Favors- Arabic Dance Hip Scarf, Hamsa Bracelet and Belly Dance Patch AND Link to free beginner’s belly dance class
- $25 per girl Includes Program Video/PDF, Favors (Arabic Dance Hip Scarf, Hamsa Bracelet, Link to Free beginners belly dance class) and Travel Abroad patch and Belly Dance patch mailed
Will fulfill requirements for a number or dancing, sports, exercise based badges all levels- see below
$10 per girl Program Video/PDF, plus Travel Abroad patch mailed
Troops of 10 or more can get a $7.50 per girl rate with Travel Abroad Patch mailed to one address. $20 Optional Favors
This part of our Travel Abroad Series.. Check out the other events.
Troops can save Eventrbrite fees by paying with check by mail. Email Jamal for more information.
Please contact Jamal Rubeiz with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org, Girl Scout Leader, GSCNC Community Program Partner, Small/Female Business Owner, Teacher, Mom
Jasmine Program- can fulfill badge requirements for the following + items:
Brownie Dancer- Learn fun warm-ups, perform steps from new dances, and make a dance of your very own.
1. Warm up and get moving+
2. Try a new dance+
3. Take to the floor like a dancer +
4. Make up your own dance
5. Show your moves!
Junior Playing the Past- Explore what it was like to live in the past. Dream up a character and get ready to live history!
1. Decide who you are
2. Create a costume +
3. Experience daily life +
4. Have some old-fashioned fun+
5. Become your character
Junior Practice with Purpose- Have fun with athletics as you learn to improve a skill.
1. Decide on your goal
2. Increase your endurance +
3. Build up your strength+
4. Drill for skill+
5. Practice, practice, practice! +
Cadettes Field Day-
1. Team up and dress up +
2. Host a historical game+
3. Play a scientific game
4. Find fun in fiction
5. Stage your grand finale!
Senior Troupe Performer= Find out what goes into putting on a show.
1. Pick your performance style +
2. Find and develop material +
3. Rehearse! +
4. Launch your performance
5. Put on your show
Program Patch included in fee
Optional Favors include Belly Dance Patch, Hip Scarf and Hamsa or Eye Bracelet.