UBS - Virtual Cooking Class: Grilled Chicken Shawarma
Date(s) - 03/24/2022
11:00 am - 11:30 am
- food & drink
- Mediterranean Cuisine
- Mediterranean Food
- Middle Eastern Cuisine
- Online Arabic
- online culinary class
Thu, March 24, 2022
11:00 AM – 11:30 AM EDT
About this event
Join us to make grilled chicken shawarma. Chef will walk you through the process in this fun free 30 minute class.
The recipe, ingredients and needed equipment are listed below. Please email Chef Veronica at Veronica-Za.Flores@ubs.com with any substitution questions.
Prior to class we recommend getting organized by preparing your ingredients and gathering your cooking utensils. This will allow you to easily access all necessary ingredients and materials during the demonstration to best cook along with your chef. Thorough preparations will provide a more enjoyable experience.
Please register for the virtual class using your UBS email address as this is an internal Skype event. Skype information will be sent out prior to class to all attendees. We encourage you to join a few minutes early to ensure that you have a good connection. Class will begin on time.
Please note: This is a virtual internal event for UBS employees only.
Grilled Chicken Shawarma
• 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
• 2 tablespoons ground cumin
• 2 tablespoons ground coriander
• 8 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 6 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 2 teaspoon turmeric
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 teaspoon allspice
• juice of one large lemon
• 12– 15 garlic cloves
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup olive oil, or grape seed oil
• Small bunch cilantro
• Cutting board with damp towel
• Grill pan
• Large bowl
• Food processor or blender
• Rubber spatula
1. Place all marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix, or pulse in a food processor to make a paste.
2. Rub chicken on all sides with the marinade and let sit at minimum 20 minutes (or up to 24-48 hours refrigerated). You can also cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes and marinate for skewers.
3. Grill chicken on medium-high heat grill pan, about 8 minutes each side.
4. Move to a cooler part of the grill or finish cooking chicken in a 350 F oven until cooked all the way through about 10 minutes.
5. Enjoy the chicken shawarma over Israeli salad, tabouli, Lebanese Slaw, or with rice and veggies, or as a sandwich with tzatziki, pita bread, tomatoes, cucumber and red onion.
6. To make the White Sauce, place garlic, lemon and salt in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth, scraping down the sides. Whilst the motor is going, very gradually drizzle in the olive oil to create an emulsion. Pour into a bowl or jar and refrigerate until serving.
Chef Notes: please have all ingredients in front of you before the start of class
Enhance your culinary experience (and kitchen) with UBS branded products from Scarborough & Tweed – to view the culinary catalog and to place an order visit: https://ubs.scarboroughtweed.com/products?s%5Bf%5D%5Bc%5D%5B%5D=%2FVir
To register for this event, please click here!