Understanding Quranic Arabic
Date(s) - 01/04/2021
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
About this Event
When? Every Monday and Tuesday 5PM – 6:30PM (GMT)
Starting date: Monday 4th January 2021
To find out the timings of this course in your time zone please click here.
Instructor: Ustadhah Sara Saleem
Course Duration: Approximately 3 months
Arabic is the language of the Qur’ān and our Beloved Prophet ﷺ. Learning Arabic will help us to understand the meaning of the Qur’ān and Aḥādīth. This course is intended to understand and evaluate Arabic grammar fundamentals with plenty of morphological practice.
Quranic Arabic: Understanding the Qur’ān should be the goal of every Muslim in order to understand the word of Allāh and the statements of the Prophet (peace be upon him).
This course will enable you to start your journey in understanding the Words of Allah and reflecting on the Arabic Language. In order to aid with your learning, you will be provided with course material and set assignments to complete.
Outline of Course:
• Use of nouns, verbs, particles, attributes of nouns, various types of phrases
• Understanding sentence structure within the Arabic language
• Memorisation of Arabic words and formation of phrases
• Conjugations and practical applications
• Be able to understand the formation of verses of the Qur’ān
- Subject and Predicate
- Past Tense Verbs
- Verb, Subject & Object
- Present and Future Tense Verb
- Imperative & Prohibitive
- Singular, Dual and Plural
Ustadhah Sara Saleem, who is currently based in Australia, has been conducting one-on-one Arabic sessions for several years to students with and without a formal background of Islamic sciences. She is currently teaching a number of courses including Arabic Grammar and Morphology at various other institutions.
Ustadhah is in her senior years of the ’Alimiyyah program with Zaynab Academy which follow the curriculum of Wifaq ul Madaris al-Arabiyah.
She has been facilitating others remotely in seeking ’ilm with the aim of increasing their knowledge solely for the pleasure of Allāh ﷻ, and we pray Allāh ﷻ accept her efforts.
- How long will the course be? The course will run for the duration of 3 months, with lessons taking place twice a week on every Monday and Tuesday at 5PM – 6:30PM (GMT)
- How will I join the live class? We are using Zoom as our live stream application of the classes. It enables teachers to share their screen to display presentations and books, whilst also annotating on them live. You will be required to download the app or use the desktop version in order to part-take in the classes. Closer to the starting time of the course you will be sent a link via e-mail as well as Google Classroom to join the Zoom Meeting/live stream. We will send you details on how to join the session briefly before the start date.
- Where will I access the student portal? We are using Google Classroom for class discussions, announcements, worksheets etc. It is important you join the Google Classroom as links to the live classes will also be shared on there. Once you have registered for a course, you will be sent a code to join the Google Classroom via e-mail.
- What if I cannot attend live? All students are advised to attend the live sessions if possible, so they may interact with the instructor. However recordings of all sessions will be available on your student portal if you miss a session.
- What is the course time in my country? Click here to view the time of the course in your country.
- What is the course fee? The enrolment fee is £25, it is a one-off fee for the entire course.
- Are there any pre-requisites for this course? This course is for beginners, therefore recognising the Arabic alphabet and being able to read Quranic Arabic are the only two pre-requisite for this course.