Virtual Meeting: B20 Saudi Arabia Initiative to Address COVID-19
Date(s) - 04/29/2020
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Wednesday, April 29, 2020
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm ET | 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm KSA
The U.S.-Saudi Business Council, a member of B20 Saudi Arabia’s Trade and Investment Taskforce, invites you to an exclusive virtual discussion with Dr. Abdulwahab Al-Sadoun, Sherpa, B20 Saudi Arabia, on B20 Saudi Arabia’s recently announced initiative to address COVID-19.
B20 is the voice of the business community to G20 which is hosted by Saudi Arabia this year. The B20 Saudi Arabia’s initiative to address COVID-19 aims to identify how global businesses – from micro, small and medium size enterprises to large multinational corporations – can best manage the current crisis to allow commercial enterprises and the global markets to operate as efficiently as possible. A set of recommendations will be submitted to the G20 for review and inclusion in its official communique.
The U.S.-Saudi virtual townhall meeting aims to broaden awareness of this initiative and give the U.S. and Saudi private sector companies a platform to share relevant experiences to help develop practical recommendations to G20.
Dr. Abdulwahab Al-Sadoun
Sherpa, B20 Saudi Arabia
Dr. Abdulwahab Al-Sadoun has been Secretary General of the Gulf Petrochemicals & Chemicals Association (GPCA) since 2009, following a career of more than two and a half decades in the GCC region’s petrochemicals and energy sectors.
In his current role he covers the GPCA’s operational and strategic functions, reporting to a Board comprised of 15 CEOs from leading GCC Chemical Companies.
Abdallah S. Jum’ah
U.S.-Saudi Arabian Business Council and Chairman, Saudi Investment Bank
U.S. Co-Chairman, U.S.-Saudi Arabian Business Council and Chair and CEO, Jacobs
About B20 Saudi Arabia:
B20 Saudi Arabia is one of the eight engagement initiatives launched alongside G20 with the purpose of developing policy recommendations on a wide range of issues to the G20.
B20 Saudi Arabia represents the voice of the business community to G20 which is hosted by Saudi Arabia this year. It is one of the eight engagement initiatives launched alongside G20 with the purpose of developing policy recommendations on a wide range of issues to the G20.
B20 Saudi Arabia consists of 520 members of six taskforces, namely Digitalization; Energy, Sustainability and Climate; Finance and Infrastructure; Future of Work and Education; Integrity and Compliance; Trade and Investment, and a Women in Business, an Action Council that represents B20 Saudi Arabia’s signature topic. SMEs and Entrepreneurship, as well as Sustainable Development Goals, are cross-cutting themes of B20. Multinational corporations, business associations, small and medium size enterprises (SMEs), and startups represented the majority of participants, followed by state-owned enterprises, research institutions, and universities.
- Digitalization Taskforce addresses the most pressing issues related to the digital economy and develops recommendations to successfully drive the digital transformation for businesses and society.
- Energy, Sustainability & Climate Taskforce addresses key questions related to energy efficiency, clean energy, the sustainable use of natural resources and climate action.
- Finance & Infrastructure Taskforce focuses on key challenges of the financial industry and the financing aspects of quality infrastructure.
- The Future of Work & Education Taskforce develops recommendations to improve the parameters for more and better employment, to provide adequate work conditions and to prepare the labor force for the challenges ahead.
- Trade & Investment Taskforce focuses on changes needed to ensure the rules-based, multilateral system is fit for purpose and supports a fair and open trade environment.
- The Integrity & Compliance Taskforce aims to advance the global anti-corruption agenda, touching upon key topics such as regulatory compliance, consumer protection, transparency and high standards of ethics and integrity.
- Action Council on Women in Business addresses issues such as women’s participation in the workforce and their representation in leadership positions, reflecting gender diversity as a key priority for B20 Saudi Arabia.
[To actively engage with the speaker, please respond to a brief questionnaire as part of the registration.]