Visit the Museum!
Date(s) - 02/02/2020 - 02/29/2020
Arab American National Museum
- Arab American
- Exhibit Talk
$5 students/seniors (60+) - $8 student tour - $10 Adults USD
Arab American National Museum
The Arab American National Museum strives to foster a better understanding and appreciation for Arab and Arab American culture through education and presentation of the arts. AANM offers museum tours as well as a wide variety of workshops, seminars, and cultural events that showcase the richness and diversity of Arab civilization and acknowledge the contributions Arab Americans have made to our society.
All AANM educational programs are linked with the Michigan Department of Education’s K-12 grade level content expectation standards in Social Studies, English and Language Arts and World Languages.
• $5 students/seniors (60+)
• $8 student tour includes an immersive cultural experience. Options available on form below.
• $10 adults
• An optional Arabic lunch is available to enhance your Museum visit and cultural experience
Questions concerning docent-guided group tours may be directed to Dave Serio at 313.429.2546 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To schedule your guided tour, please click on and complete the Group Tour Reservation Request below:
Tours, immersive cultural activities, and presentations are tailored for individuals and groups of all ages:
• Elementary school tours include hands on activities, crafts, dance, and more. Lesson plans are currently being developed in partnership with the Michigan Department of Education that may be used before, after, or during the visit.
• Middle and high school tours may include a cultural presentation, film plus discussion, facilitated dialogue programs, and other educational activities to accompany the tour Lesson plans are currently being developed in partnership with the Michigan Department of Education that may be used before, after, or during the visit.
• Adult tours may include a presentation on Arab and Arab American communities, dance demonstration, cultural competency training, and more.
Cultural Competency Presentations
The Arab American National Museum offers half and full-day customized, interactive and immersive cultural competency workshops.
This program is designed for organizations with increasingly diverse demographics and/or organizations that are working with diverse communities. Supported by the Museum’s permanent and temporary exhibits, a rich assortment of educational materials, and in collaboration with local scholars, religious leaders and professionals, AANM Cultural Competency Workshops are developed to specific organizations and their needs.
Workshop participants will gain a better understanding of the history, culture and contributions of Arab Americans; be immersed in interactive cultural activities; and participate in case scenarios that serve as a basis for an honest and open dialogue about creating a more inclusive culture for employees and clients.
In order for participants to enjoy the most robust educational experience, it is strongly suggested that cultural competency workshops take place at the Museum; however, off-site presentations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact Dave Serio at 313.429.2546 or email@example.com for a total-cost proposal based on your specific needs.