Write to Left: The Arabic Poetry & Prose of Khalil Gibran | Online Retreat
Date(s) - 11/22/2020
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Nostalgic Remembrance: Art in Memoirs
About this Event
Accompany an author in exile
From the mountains of Lebanon to the shores of Boston, listen to memories of migration and hear traces of a distant past from the Arabic breaths of Khalil Gibran.
Wander through the wonders of translation from Arabic to English, ride the caravan of longing from east to west and soar through your own migration from separation to home and learn to speak in the language of your spirit.
Healing through creative expression
As in the previous poetry retreat, The Road to Orphalese, a major component of this retreat will be creative prompts and exercises that motivate participants to situate the themes and ideas in Gibran’s writings in their own lives.
Just as The Prophet has and continues to heal countless readers across continents and languages, we at Nostalgic Remembrance believe that Gibran’s Arabic writings can be similarly beneficial to lay readers, poets and all artists with a love for spirituality.
- Session 1: On Arabic Language (Friday Nov 21st, 9:00pm)
- Session 2: al-Mawakib (Processions) part 1 (Saturday Nov 22nd, 11:00am)
- Session 3: al-Mawakib (Processions) part 2 (Saturday Nov 22nd, 2:00pm)
- Session 4: al-Mawakib (Processions) part 3 (Saturday Nov 22nd, 4:00pm)
- Session 5: Gibran and Ghazali (Saturday Nov 22nd, 9:00pm)
Click here to register!