Arab America Announces Internship/Externship Opportunities
Arab America, the leading provider of digital media regarding the Arab and Arab American identity, announces internship/externship opportunities.
Application Deadline: Open until all positions are filled.
Term: 4 Months
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, we are currently accepting off-site work-at-home applicants
Interns selected will be asked to focus on four or more of the following areas:
- Writing content on the identity and culture of Arab Americans and other major issues that impact them
- Keeping social media sites up-to-date
- Developing videos for various digital platforms*
- Posting original and aggregated content to Arab America’s digital platforms
- Searching for events and information about Arab American communities
- Representing and promoting Arab America at selected community/online events
- Developing and managing the Arab America database
- Updating the content of the website, E-News, and social media
- Following up with sponsors for Arab America events
- Assisting in developing and implementing special projects
*Applicants with video production experience are highly encouraged to apply
- Be enrolled in a post-secondary institution or have recently completed a degree
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and WordPress
- Be committed, coachable, flexible, and value consistent attendance
- Report to our Washington DC office or attend required Zoom meetings throughout the week
Applicants with, but not limited to the following academic backgrounds are welcome: English, Journalism, Arab/Middle Eastern/International Studies, Political Science, Media and Film Studies, Public Relations, Communications, and Marketing. Again, emphasis will be placed on writing skills and editing.
Compensation: Internships are unpaid, but credit hours are available. Full-time applicants are preferred; however, part-time applicants (minimum of 18-20 hours per week) are considered.
About Arab America
With close to four million Arab Americans in the U.S., Arab America’s primary mission is to unify the diverse and growing Arab American community, to promote an accurate image, and to act as a “bridge” between the Arab and non-Arab American communities. This is accomplished through the dissemination of events, articles, celebrations, and various content via the website, e-mail, and social media.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript titled Arab America Internship to:
Dr. Amal David, Director of Operations and Outreach
If you have questions, feel free to call 877-272-2944
Click here to visit our BLOG