Coronavirus Update: What Should you Do and What are the Symptoms?
During the Coronavirus crisis, Arab America has assembled a list of things you can do to prevent the virus and what symptoms you should look for.
Coronavirus Update–Things you can Do
1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold
2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough, with no runny nose
3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees.
4. This virus hates the UV rays of the sun…
5. If someone sneezes who has the virus, it takes about 10 feet, before it drops to the ground, and is no longer airborne.
6. If the virus drops on a metal surface, it will live for at least 12 hours!! So if you come into contact with any metal surface, wash your hands up to your elbows, with antibacterial soap for 20 seconds or longer!
7. On fabric, the virus can survive for 6-12 hours. Regular laundry detergent and a full wash cycle will kill it.
8. Drinking WARM WATER with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, is effective for all types of viruses, to help keep your mouth moist, and to flush the virus down into the stomach area, where the stomach acid will kill the virus, vs. getting into your lungs…
9. Try NOT to drink liquids with ICE!
10. Wash your hands as frequently as once an hour, if you are touching various surfaces, as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but a LOT can happen during that time! You could rub your eyes, pick your nose, etc.
11. You should also gargle with a strong mouth wash, as most mouthwashes help to destroy 99% of germs. You could also use a simple solution such as warm water and a little salt.
12. This point is extremely important, this can not be emphasized enough. Drink plenty of WATER!!
What are the Symptoms?
1. This virus will first infect your throat, so you’ll have a sore throat, lasting about 3 days
2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid, that enters the trachea, and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. These advanced signs typically occur about 5-6 days after infection.
3. With pneumonia comes a high fever and difficulty breathing
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind! You feel like you’re drowning! It’s imperative you then seek immediate medical attention.
5. The new coronavirus may not show signs of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time a person has a fever and/or cough, and go to the hospital, the lungs are usually already 50% fibrosis, and it may be too late to save a life.
6. Medical Experts provide a simple SELF-CHECK that we can do every morning:
Take a DEEP BREATH, and hold it for more than 10 seconds. If you can complete this simple task successfully, without coughing, without the discomfort of any kind, stiffness, tightness, etc. it is most likely certain, there is no fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicating no infection. In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air, to help reduce the workload of our much needed medical personnel.
7. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids as mentioned above, so your mouth and throat are never DRY, by taking a few sips of water every 15 min. at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach, where the stomach acid will kill the virus! If you don’t drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe, and get into your LUNGS, that is very dangerous!
Compiled by Arab America
Check out our Blog here!