Through February 6, 2023 - Beyond King Tut: The Immersive Exhibit at The National Geographic Museum
Date(s) - 07/16/2022 - 07/16/2023
The National Geographic Museum
Beyond King Tut: The Immersive Experience is now at the National Geographic Museum in Washington, D.C.
—– Get 50% Off Kids Tickets with Code KIDFUN —–
Journey to modern-day Egypt and see wonders of the ancient world like the Temple at Karnak and the Great Sphinx. Experience ancient history come to life and gaze at the Egyptian sun as it rises above the Pyramids of Giza, filling the sky with vivid color. Travel back in time 3,000 years to the 18th dynasty when King Tut ruled and gods like Ra and Anubis were worshiped by all.
Descend into King Tut’s tomb, 100 years since its historic discovery, and join King Tut in his quest for immortality. Experience all of this and more at Beyond King Tut: The Immersive Experience, a story over 3,000 years in the making.
Some fun facts to know before you go:
- More than 3000 years ago, when King Tut became Pharaoh of Egypt, he was just 9 years old!
- When he died, he was only 19 years old. He was buried in an underground grave called a tomb.
- Ancient Egyptians believed in life after death. Items needed in the afterlife were placed the tomb.
- The reason why King Tut is so famous is because his tomb was filled with amazing treasures when it was discovered in 1922.
- This year is the 100th anniversary of the discovery of King Tut’s tomb!
Beyond King Tut: The Immersive Experience
National Geographic Museum
1145 17th St NW
Washington, DC 20036
Daily through February 6, 2023
Get 50% Off Kids Tickets with Code KIDFUN