Holy Land Christian Ecumenical Foundation Organizes Two Pilgramages to the Holy Land
Walk in the footsteps of Jesus on the streets of Bethlehem and Jerusalem! · Ride in a boat on the Sea of Galilee! · Discover the presence of the risen Christ in the midst of the present struggle for justice, peace and reconciliation in the Holy Land!
–May 5-19, 2010 – St. Andrew Pilgrimage
Father Rob Waller, St. Andrew
Leaving from Cincinnati, Ohio
For more information, contact Father Rob at email@example.com
–June 15-25, 2010 – Franciscan Peacemaking Pilgrimage
Father Jacek Orzechowski, OFM, St. Camillus Friary
Leaving from Washington, DC
For more information, contact Fr. Jacek Orzechowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-434-8400 ex. 14.
Arrangements will be made to meet you at the departing airport!
Purpose of the pilgrimage:
* To experience the day-to-day complexities and lives of the Christians in the Holy Land, and visit Christian towns which reflect the vibrant Christian heritage of the Holy Land.
* To meet, worship and fellowship with the local Christians and provide opportunity to increase understanding between Arab and Western Christians.
* To empower pilgrims to return home and partner with others who seek to build bonds of solidarity with the Christian community in the Holy Land.
* See the Holy Land and visit sites in Palestine, Israel and Jordan, in addition to Bethlehem, Jerusalem, Nazareth and other holy sites in and around Jerusalem and Galilee.
* To help pilgrims grow on their spiritual journey through common prayer and shared group reflections. We will also walk and pray the contemporary Stations of the Cross in the Old City of Jerusalem.
* To provide maximum economic support to the local Christian Community by encouraging pilgrims to use the services of the local Christian shopkeepers, travel agents, guides and hotel operators.
Sign up today to join us or call our office at 301 951 9400 for more information.
HCEF is a Charitable 501 ( C ) 3 Organization committed to the presence and well-being of Arab Christians in the Holy Land, and to developing the bonds of solidarity between them and Christians elsewhere. Visit us online at www.hcef.org