Community Advisory: Muslim Ban 3.0: What You Need to Know
SOURCE: CAIR MICHIGAN
Dear Community Members:
On December 4, 2017, the Supreme Court of the United States issued a stay of two lower court injunctions which had halted much of Muslim Ban 3.0 from taking effect. This means, that as of Monday, nothing is stopping the Trump Administration from fully implementing every provision of the Muslim Ban. While this is certainly disheartening, it is not the end as the CAIR community will continue to challenge this unconstitutional executive action in court.
As of Monday, December 4, 2017, there is nothing from stopping the Trump Administration from enacting the ban immediately.
WHO IS IMPACTED
North Korea and Venezuela were already previously impacted and now Travelers from – Chad, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria, and Yemen will be effected in various ways.
WHO WILL NOT BE IMPACTED
- Individuals from the six Muslim Majority Countries who are already present in the US or who have already been issued Visas to enter the US will NOT be impacted by the travel ban.
- Citizens of the US and Lawful Permanent Residents will NOT be impacted by the travel ban.
- Individuals admitted or paroled into the U.S. on or after the effective date of Muslim ban 3;
- Those with a document other than a visa that allows them to travel to the U.S., if the document is dated on or after the effective date of MB-3;
- Dual-nationals traveling on a passport from a non-designated country;
- Individuals granted asylum;
- Refugees already admitted to the U.S.; or
- Individuals granted withholding of removal, advance parole, or protection under the Convention against Torture
|CHAD||All Immigrant Visas SuspendedAll Non-Immigrant Business (B1) and Tourist (B2) and business/tourist (B1/B2) visas are suspended|
|IRAN||All Immigrant and Non-Immigrant Visas suspended; EXCEPTFor F, J, or M visas|
|LIBYA||All Immigrant Visas SuspendedAll Non-Immigrant Business (B1) and Tourist (B2) and business/tourist (B1/B2) visas are suspended|
|SOMALIA||All Immigrant Visas SuspendedNon-Immigrant visas permitted subjected to heightened screening|
|SYRIA||All Immigrant and Non-Immigrant visas suspended|
|YEMEN||All Immigrant Visas SuspendedAll Non-Immigrant Business (B1) and Tourist (B2) and business/tourist (B1/B2) visas are suspended|
TO GET HELP
If you, or someone you know, may be impacted by Muslim Ban 3.0, or if you have questions, you can contact CAIR-MIby phone at (248) 559-2247 or email at email@example.com.
Amy V. Doukoure – Staff Attorney – CAIR-MI