Curried Lentil Hummus
SOURCE: ONE GREEN PLANET
BY: HARRIET PORTERFIELD
Curried lentil hummus is THE perfect protein fuelled dip. No chickpeas? No problem! This hummus is made with lentils instead of chickpeas, which makes for a super creamy and filling dip. Gently flavoured with my fave spices, for a taste that will have you dipping for more! Delicious with fresh veggies and pitta bread, or as a sandwich and wrap filling.
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoons fresh ginger
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoons coriander, ground
- 1/4 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons coriander, fresh
- 2 pitta breads, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cucumber or 2 carrots, sliced into batons
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Add lentils to a small pan with 1 cup of water. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes, until the lentils are soft and the water has evaporated. Remove from the heat, take the lid off and allow to cool.
- Add cooled lentils to a blender and blend until smooth. Add all other ingredients apart from the fresh coriander. Process until smooth, adding more water if required. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle over fresh coriander and pomegranate seeds. Serve with toasted pitta breads and fresh veggies.