Masterclass: Vegan Middle Eastern Brunch
Date(s) - 06/17/2023
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Let’s celebrate brunch! Join Emel Ernalbant, trained at the Vegan Chef School, in this hands-on class, and get ready for a delectable feast with Armenian, Arabic, Syriac and Kurdish influences, finishing with a good cup of strong black tea. Vegan Middle Eastern Brunch, is a brilliant Masterclass, offered in person at Made in Hackney headquarters.
At this masterclass you will:
- Learn how to make a vegan Shakshuka, a popular Middle Eastern breakfast dish since the Ottoman Empire
- Learn how to make Gözleme, the mouth-watering Turkish flatbread that dazzled the London street food scene
- Learn how to make Turkish carrot yogurt dip, a meze dish that is a best kept secret: Turkish families usually only have the pleasure to eat in the home
- Learn to cook a nutritious and gluten free herb omelette with gram flour
- Create flavourful spreads like Çemen, made with tomato and pepper paste, crushed walnuts, olive oil and oregano
- Enjoy a delicious organic plant-based brunch with olives, tomato & cucumber salad served with black or herbal tea
- Learn how to prepare a beautiful Middle Eastern brunch table, from food styling to capturing the perfect photo of your delicious meal on your phone
- Top off the experience with the stunning views across leafy Clapton Common as you cook and learn
- Receive easy-to-follow recipe sheets provided to recreate these recipes again and again at home
This brilliant, organic, plant-based brunch will be a day to remember and you will be able to enjoy these flavours at home many times to come.
This class will be a mixture of practical cooking, demos and time to ask questions. We are now returning to ‘family style’ cooking with everyone cooking and sharing workstations. This creates more of a communal and interactive experience, working together as a team. All ingredients and equipment needed for the class are provided.
About Emel Ernalbant:
Emel is an Istanbul-born food and travel photographer who completed her vegan chef training in The Vegan Chef School. She wrote her first book ’50 Maddede Veganlık’ with Hazal Yılmaz, published in Turkey. Emel has worked with refugee and local children at the Syrian border of Turkey, teaching analogue photography. She also has an allotment and is a very busy vegan permaculture grower. Her dream is to build a plant-based community kitchen in the border city Mardin in the South East of Turkey, and introduce plant-based food and growing vegetables to young generations.
When you buy a Made In Hackney cookery class you enjoy an enriching culinary experience and help us fight hunger in our community.
Refunds/transfers: Please understand our charity needs time to resell your tickets as we rely heavily on the income generated by our fundraising classes. We require a minimum of 14 days’ notice for any cancellations or transfers once you have booked onto a class. You are also welcome to give your ticket to a friend or family member in case of last minute illness (just email email@example.com to let us know).
Vouchers: If you need assistance to redeem a voucher purchased on our website, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This is a fundraising class and the proceeds help us fight hunger in our community. At Made In Hackney we believe access to good food is a human right – not a privilege. If you would like to learn more about our work, please click here.
For information: email@example.com / 020 8442 4266 / WhatsApp message +44 07833685894
“Knowing that my ticket money supports the charitable work of Made in Hackney makes me feel less self-indulgent about booking a course and it is great to be taught how to cook tasty dishes by someone who ate them growing up, it makes you feel like you are experiencing another part of the world without the trouble of getting on an aeroplane”