Recipe of the Day
Chlada Felfel - Algerian Salad
Chlada Felfel – Algerian Salad: Salt-cured olives and anchovies used in Algerian and other North African cooking give any dish, like this salad a special touch. Serves 4 to 6.
- 2 sweet peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small cucumber (about 5 inches), thinly sliced
- 2 small onions, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/2 cup cured black olives, pitted and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
Place all ingredients in a salad bowl, except eggs then toss gently. Spread eggs over top and serve.