Recipe of the Day
Baba Ghannoush - Eggplant Appetizer
Serves from 6 to 8.
- 1 medium eggplant, about 1 pound
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds
- l medium onion, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 tablespoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 12 small black and green olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Place eggplant in oven, then bake in a 350 F preheated oven for 1 hour, remove and allow to cool. Remove the skin and discard then mash pulp in a mixing bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients, except olives and olive oil. Mix well and chill. Spread on a platter, then garnish with black and green olives and sprinkle with olive oil and serve.